Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preloading Still a Problem

Since, last class I have not made any progress with the issue my team and I have had with preloading text into the Gwibber window. Ken VanDine, told me that I have to insert the text into the OnExposeEvent() function, but I'm not really sure about what method to use in order to insert that text. He wasn't very clear on that part and I'm very confused with how to implement text into that function. I've tried just including a string assigned to a variable, console writing and Pango Layouts. Nothing has worked so far. Brandon mentioned something about a way to manipulate the system clipboard as a method to get it into the Gwibber window. The only thing is actually getting the textual information into the actual system clipboard. If we can do that, then we can use a getClipboard () function that Brandon found in the Gwibber library. If neither of these methods gets us anywhere, then we will have to bite the bullet and create our own window which probably won't be that hard but our Gtk experience is limited. I'm still optimistic that a way will present itself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment