Thursday, March 31, 2011

Progress on Social Extension

Last time, I met with my team and we discussed how we would extract audio track information to place in a Gwibber posting window. I came across a class called TrackInfo that gets all of this information, however when I tried to extract the information and post it on a command prompt during a currently playing song, It would give me unkown for the title, the artist and the album. So, I'm still unsure about how that is relating to a currently playing song. I found that the Wikipedia Extension in Banshee uses TrackInfo to collect artist information, but I have not been able to yet determine what they are doing differently form my team and I. We will spend today continuing to look into this matter. My strategy at this point is to keep looking at extensions that extract track information to find any similarities in information extraction as well as finding all classes where TrackInfo is used in order to see if there is a specific class for a currently playing song.

No comments:

Post a Comment